Awards & Press
- Top 100 Women in Maryland Award – Maryland Daily Record (2016)
- The National Association of Negro Business award – National Association of Negro Business (2012)
- Professional Women’s-Living Women History Makers’ Award for Entrepreneurship & Economic
- Honored by Leadership Maryland at their 25th Anniversary celebration for statewide leadership and impact.
- Dr. Flossie Dedmond Spirit Award – Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. (2013)
- “Why I Became A Businesswoman” – The Why I Network
- “The Global Interview” – The Global Interview Network
- “Meet Karenthia Barber of Professional Development Associates” – Voyage Baltimore
- “Creating your seat at the table magazine” – Cover Feature
- “Helping Organizations Run More Efficiently” – The Baltimore Times
- “Black Empowered Women” – Roku TV
- “Leading by Example” – Master Connections Series Podcast
- “Creating Your Seat At the Table” – Streaming Inspiration Broadcast Network Podcast
- “Is it Friday Yet?” – Podcast Series
- “Master Connections” – Lifetips Podcast
"Karenthia is truly gifted. She has a way of transforming an audience before your eyes. Her presentations are extremely motivational and our groups enjoy her presentations immensely."
"Karenthia thank you for a powerful, life changing experience. You changed my life. I look forward to seeing you on Oprah. The entire world needs to hear you speak!"
"I cannot recall having enjoyed and/or benefited from a course as much as I did this course. I left each day feeling more inspired, empowered and confident. Thank you!"
Rarely do you meet a training instructor that you remember many years later. I attended a Professionalism course taught by Karenthia whose concepts I still use to this day. She didn’t just teach the concepts, she modeled them as well. Karenthia is a great communicator and would be an asset to any team.
The communications training that Ms. Barber provided to BTU staff was well organized, well received, and thought provoking. The training engaged staff in discourse about innovative and accessible ways to communicate with members and each other. Staff inquired about the most effective ways to communicate certain messages and Ms. Barber humbly gave suggestions, encouraged staff to share best practices, and also reminded us of ineffective ways to communicate. BTU staff thanks Ms. Barber for a great communications training!
Thanks to Karenthia’s coaching I have begun to harness and fine tune my ability to effectively communicate. Karenthia has helped me to understand the strategic value and benefits of effective communication and that the ability to effectively communicate is a required skill set for continued success.
Karenthia has strong leadership acumen and experience. When training she constructively guides team members towards positive solutions. Highly recommend.
Karenthia is one of the best communication specialist and executive coaches period. I have seen how she moves in any situation with great ease and always is on point with her information and the way she delivers the message. I have experienced first hand her gems of knowledge in how to navigate through this new social/business world.
Karenthia is skilled Organizational Development professional. It is not easy to deal with a myriad of personalities in training and development. She manages to do so without getting ruffled.
Karenthia Barber is one of the hardest and trustworthy elected officials whom is dedicated to the City of Baltimore. I have worked on several successful projects with Ms. Barber.
Karenthia, is a phenomenal Trainer and Coach. She has a wealth of knowledge, and shares it appropriately in the classes she conducts. Her interactive approach encourages participants to stay involved, and interested. As a Coach, she is reliable, creative, and intuitive. Her listening skills engender confidence. I highly recommend her, as a skilled professional.
Karenthia is always on time and prepared. She is engaging and appreciated by the various groups that she works with. Karenthia is resourceful and knowleadegeable. I have never expereienced a poorly done assignment.
Karenthia is a true professional. She is committed to making a difference with her clients and goes the extra mile to make get the results for her clients. She is both knowledgeable and reliable. I always look forward to working with her.
"Karenthia Barber is a powerful speaker. She is able to connect with each member of the audience in a unique way. Karenthia is a spirited and spiritual motivational speaker who has truly been gifted to motivate, encourage and inspire others. She is truly anointed!"